Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Parlez Pup Puh Ho

First of all, the pup puh ho I drew in NYC  was leaner then this one. Where did you get the memory that the pup puh ho was ever ....chubby!?
That one I drew on the granite wall under the bridge in pencil stayed for like three years. Very sad to find it gone, on one of my return visits (they finally pressure washed the wall). The one above, as I may have mentioned along the way, was done in France in 2003, drawn into a slather of ink on a plate of glass and then pressed onto a sheet of rag paper. Yes, he is running in perspective, away into the stars. He looks like a constellation. It just came out that way, that time (one can never be sure). I like the feeling of him having turned towards his mission, balls to the petal. There is something bitter sweet in it. The unholy glee has become earnest, committed. Leaving. The Pup Puh Ho of a 33 yr old.
My favorite is the one I sent to you in a letter sometime in 1998 or 9. He was leaping off of a cliff above a rising flame, suspended by a butterfly tied to his cock. His inner twinkle was blinding, glorious. If you have it (which I half expect you to), please post it.
 Then there is the triple breasted  hermunculous demon Greg signed a few letters with, which I feel was some how the predecessor. Maybe that's what the french Pup Puh Ho was running away from.
Well, my friend, the chimney harvest has begun in earnest and I have just learned that
I need to begin running stairs with a weighted back pack to prepare for the Fire Dept physical...ugh...

Ithaca brings not riches but the journey itself, right?  

No comments:

Post a Comment