Sunday, December 20, 2009

I got a job in the manufacturing sector!

I need to google "Project Manager".  Why?  Because I am going to start being one Jan 4th!  I got a job!  What the hell?  I have been trying to get a job for 5 years!  I just can't believe it.  I have been in a state of euphoria for the past couple of days.  The company, Lit Workshop is a manufacturer with a design department consisting of three or four people.  They do a lot of fixtures and display units for retail environments.  They have some amazing machines.  a water jet cutter, a laser cutter, a 5 axis cnc router, a big finishing booth and a lot more.  I am going to have huge responsibility.  I have to professionalize my ragged ass.
I told them I just committed to the MOGmobile so I am starting there working 6 hr days through Jan, then full time.  Three months of probation and then hopefully, a raise, some bennies and a job!
What should I do?

I want to draw I want to dance I want to puke, I just feel so expressive with the weight of years dropping onto the floor.  What a relief.  I mean, my self confidence has been plummeting for some time now.  It sure does feel good to have someone believe in you.

No comments:

Post a Comment