Saturday, December 26, 2009



So now that I have gathered my senses after hearing the news of your gainful employment I will submit a proper post. I checked out Lit Workshop's site and am not surprised in the least that they chose you. They love boxes and sneakers, two things that you have demonstrated complete mastery over. I am really curious as to how you presented your portfolio for the interview and what exactly you included. It must have been a very merry Christmas for you to know that a job is waiting in the new year and I suspect it is just the beginning  of  Wheelock-World Wide (once you have devoured them).
I can only hope (and work like the Devil) that something good is coming my way this year. Otherwise, it's getting pretty fucking dark in here.
Above are two of the several synthetic skin tattoos I gave away for Christmas this year. There is nothing more I can learn (technically speaking) from these practice skins. I need blood.
I am glad to report, however, that the little butterfly tattoo posted earlier has apparently healed quite nicely and that all the ink has stayed put. This was not a given because, at the time, the tattoo-ee (Amy) had drank several beers just prior and I was working mostly blind in a puddle of body fluids with tiny shader needles that are, I am told, very easy to overwork, which I did. For two days afterwards she was able to press a piece of paper to the butterfly and get a print off of it! I plan to build my empire off of this little tattoo, somehow, so I was on the edge of my seat about it.
I would love to see some MOG mobile sketches and , again, a Mad Madelaine when you can.
C.

1 comment: