Saturday, December 12, 2009

if you don't title the post, who will?


Christ, Charley, you're a busy man. I am very glad Madelaine's adventure turned out O.K. A very scary moment for a parent that I can only imagine. Your description of her closing her  eyes just before the surgery gave me chills. Then again, who would you rather have administering the anesthetic then Dr. Stoner himself?..Dr.Stoner..that is just too rich. How do you make it to, or even through medical school with a name like that?
I can see from the photograph that you have your work cut out for you to get Madelaine to make an angry face. She obviously finds the whole exercise much too silly. Still, you must prevail for me, other wise my secret project will be in vain. When you try again, please do it out side in an even light. The lighting needs to be similar to the picture of Leo.
So, I read the latest posts on DesignTrench.
Where in the world do you find the time to illustrate and post a recipe!!? I think I'll give those onion grenades a try for Christmas dinner. I suspect the gastro-intestinal fuse on those bad boys is about 45 minutes and then it's all out biological warfare. I pity the fools.
I was pleasantly surprised to see an Erwin Wurm fat car on the blog as well. I think you two were separated at birth. I would post other examples of his work that remind me of you but Google takes all the fun out of that.
You and Jesse must be beside yourselves (which is quite Wurmish, come to think of it) about the DesignSponge home feature. You two have always run a pretty tight ship, it seems, so I hope there isn't  much work to do. I do, however, suspect that you're cooking up some ill-advised prank home accessories to keep the invaders on their toes. A small touch, like a vibrating door knob or perhaps a completely inexplicable apparatus that they are too afraid to ask about. Anyways it's very exciting and I expect my drawing of the cow to figure prominently in the article.
Thanks , too, for the plug in your story about the hilariously mangled job proposal that you gave to the library. I don't think I've ever been quoted on line before except by myself.
And yes, you have, without council, I might add, gone public with Pan'sPeter. And now, with the imminent onslaught of hungry consumers desperate to have a piece of us,  we need to manufacture a clothing/screen print line based on homeless rags from  'free' bin outside the Salvation Army. I'm totally in, as you already know and am presently counting the millions yet to be made.
1...2...3...4....5...6....7.....hhmm, I can't think of any more friends who will buy one for a dollar.
I thought for a moment that Pup-puh-ho could be our star graphic ( he does grace the blog marquee after all), racing across the random  polo or bitchin' plaid trousers we scavenge, but still, a simple skull might still be the answer. The Pup-puh-ho might be a little too...shlafty. An actual Faun could work, after all this is Pan'sPeter but only if he's gnarley enough. No prancing or flute. I will also prepare a new "Fuck the Race" logo for consideration.
Below is my first completed tattoo. I'm terribly pleased with this humble little butterfly. It was an addition to a memorial tattoo by an unknown artist from Alabama that resides on Beth's older sister's leg. "Jayden" is her grandson (Amy was a grandmother at the tender age of 37) who died a newborn from a birth defect where the organs form on the outside of the body. Nice going, God.
Some fairly high stakes for such a rank beginner as myself,  considering not only the sentiment, but also that my effort is adjacent to an obviously seasoned shop pro.
I look forward to hearing about your job interview, the mere fact that you were even able to drum one up  in this economy deserves a celebratory wine stained thumbs up.
C.




No comments:

Post a Comment