Monday, September 28, 2009

Periodic table Jr. and the Oral Exam

I hadn't thought about how fragile a grape can be. Like harvesting bubbles. If the crop goes to hell there is always the  jelly market (of which I have long been an enthusiastic investor). Say, would you drink a white or a red with a PB&J ?.... Probably a white, or perhaps even a brown, if I was feeling wild and there was some Hershey's syrup around.
Judging from the video, you've got the end-over barrel roll down pat. But it's more like bouncing a ball, isn't it?   Barrel bouncing...yet another utterly unique skill for your burgeoning resume of utterly unique skills. I've just learned how to remove a dead squirrel from a chimney. It starts with rolling up your sleeves and inhaling the 'status' of the offending corpse which has usually come to rest just on the other side of the damper.. The more pungent the odor the more maggots there will be. It's a bit of a roulette because you can't really know what the hell is up there ( shall we say, in terms of viscosity and adhesion) with out looking up the flu and so here in lies the gamble. What is up the flu wants to come down the flu, especially once you start poking around to see what the hell is up the flu...get it?  This is why Clean Sweep Chimney Service charges $200 for this gruesome bit of spelunking...and is yet another thing I am willing to do for $13/hr.
There is much more to report, like having taken the Oral Exam for the fire department. It went something like this. A small school class room, 3 lieutenants and me.
" Please state your name and spell it."
I was hoping it ended there because  I felt sure I could ace that part. It did not end there and I  apparently did not ace my name...because they asked me to repeat myself..
Then....
" You will answer 5 questions. Number one: You have arrived at the scene of an accident and are treating an injured woman and , unbeknownst to her, her daughter did not survive. She asks you if her daughter is o.k.. What do you say and why?"
My first thought was "Where's the morphine, anyway..?"
All in all I think I did well.
Below is an example of an abbreviated tattoo 'periodic table' as you so aptly nailed it.
What more could a fella want?...I know... wings, fire, tits and some dice....don't forget the dice.
ps Start thinking about your next tattoo, Bub....just for fun. I'll draw it up just for the practice.


No comments:

Post a Comment